There are many reasons to love Reno, Nevada
Here’s a quick rundown:
- If you like the outdoors, it’s a paradise. Living within 15 minutes of a ski resort and having the ability to mountain bike / hike / trail run from your front door is easy.
- Raising a family? There are great schools, sports programs and it’s safe.
- Lake Tahoe is between 30 and 45 minutes away, depending on where you live.
- The economy is one of the best in the nation.
- There are seasons, but the temps are mild. Average high temp in August is 90 degrees, with an average low of 50 degrees. Average high in January is 46 degrees.
- It’s sunny 80 percent of the time.
- There’s no state income tax.
- Cost of living is much more reasonable than other locations in the West, 40% less than Silicon Valley.
- For big City fun, it’s easy to visit California; the Bay Area is just a few hours away.